Education Policy Committee to Meet September 24 at College Park
The Committee on Education Policy of the University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents will meet in public session on Wednesday, September 24 in the Margaret Brent Room of the Stamp Student Union on the campus of the University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP). The meeting will begin at 9 a.m.
The committee will consider several agenda items, including:
- New program proposal, for a joint master of science in accounting and business advisory services, submitted by Towson University and the University of Baltimore
- Shared governance plan for Bowie State University
- Technology fluency implementation reports
- Status report on the Eastern Shore Higher Education Center
- Teacher education status report, addressing issues of supply and demand and associate of arts degree in teaching
- Impact of budget reductions on campus-based service entities, such as the Maryland Cooperative Extension and the Maryland Early Placement test for Maryland high school students, both at UMCP
The full agenda and background information will be available at the meeting. Sign language interpreters and/or other appropriate accommodations for eligible individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please call 301/445-2756 (voice) or 301/314-7683 (TTY/ITT) to make special arrangements.