UNIVERSITY SYSTEM OF MARYLAND BOARD OF REGENTS
COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION POLICY
JUNE 1, 2011
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, BALTIMORE COUNTY
1. Annual Report on Intercollegiate Athletics.
a. Institutional Reports to the Board of Regents for AY 2009-2010.
b. JCR Report on Report on Fiscal 2011 General Fund Expenditures On Intercollegiate Athletics.
c. Concerns about Gender Equity in Athletics.
d. Accountability by Coaches and Other Athletic Department Staff.
2. New Academic Program Proposals:
a. TU: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science, Family Science.
3. Salisbury University Request for Permanent Exception to BOR Policy on Undergraduate Admissions (III-4.00).
b. UMCP: Bachelor of Science, Atmospheric and Oceanic Science.
c. UMES: Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry
d. UMES: Master of Science, Chemistry
e. UMES: Master of Medical Science (MMS) Physician Assistant Studies.
4. Creation at Towson University of the School of Emerging Technologies.
5. Exemplary Professional Development School Achievement Award (SU).
6. Report on Status of Agriculture Programs at UMCP and UMES (2008-2010).
7. Retention and Graduation Rates of First-Time, Full-Time Degree-Seeking Undergraduates.