The Mission of the USM Office of Information Technology is to:
- Facilitate collaboration and coordination of information technology activities among the USM institutions;
- Identify needs that transcend an individual institution and facilitate responses to those needs;
- Provide a consistent and coherent interface to the State and other external constituencies with regard to USM information technology services, policies and issues;
- Provide consultation to the USM Office and to the leadership of the USM institutions on an 'as needed' basis regarding information technology assessments and strategies; and
- Support the Board of Regents in providing oversight, review, and direction to the USM in those areas that involve information technology.