USM Career Opportunities
Assistant Director, MEEC (800155)
Please Note: The University System of Maryland Office (USMO) has made the safety of our staff and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, all staff are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Purpose of Position
To develop the Maryland Education Enterprise Consortium’s (MEEC) value by providing expertise in education technology use/usability and availability in Maryland’s various education settings. This position markets and enhances MEEC’s brand through managing member and vendor relations, developing technology and service strategies, providing support during negotiations in procurement efforts, and, with the Executive Director, setting the vision and leading the execution of webinars, workshops, and in-person events.
- Uses strong IT knowledge/experience to support the technology evaluation teams for new, current and expansion window proposals.
- Serves as evaluation committee lead and /or escalation point and facilitates discussion groups as needed.
- Provides support to MEEC’s Procurement Officer on technical and other contractual matters.
- Continually reviews current contracts determining the applicability of products/solutions in the ever-changing IT atmosphere.
- Communicates and markets MEEC’s brand by managing the content of MEEC’s website, newsletter, and LinkedIn page.
- Works directly with MEEC members and master contracts on measures to increase current MEEC usage and enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proposes technical strategies to enhance MEEC operations and visibility.
- Works with USM Finance Office to develop and maintain MEEC financial statements and reports for internal operating purposes and for presentation to the MEEC Board.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director in the execution of webinars, workshops and Roadshows, and is responsible for Annual MEEC Member Conference and Vendor Showcase.
Information Technology Trend Awareness and Strategy:
- Develops strategies and provides strategic sourcing, data gathering, and business analysis relative to serving MEEC members and vendors.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
Experience: Three years’ experience in IT management and/or business analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a broad knowledge of information technology (IT).
- Must have insights into technology options to improve operations and visibility and be able to bring a vision of advanced technology to an office environment.
- Able to manage complex operations.
- Must have experience in consensus building and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral & written communication skills.
- Able to maintain poise, function independently, effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and multitask.
- Skilled in using Microsoft, Adobe, and other technology tools.
- Able to troubleshoot basic IT issues.
Education: Master’s degree in IT, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
Experience: More than three years’ experience in IT management and/or business analysis. Experience in education, public, or non-profit sector.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Website content management.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Grade 3
Benefits: Exempt Benefits Summary: includes full medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition remission at any of the 12 USM institutions, a generous leave plan, and the option to telework for part of the week.
Application Instructions: Please combine your cover letter, resume and list of references (at least three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and send to the following email address: email@example.com.
The University System of Maryland is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, physical or
mental disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform the job, in accordance
with applicable law. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, applicants should be prepared
to present acceptable documentation showing their identities, their U.S. citizenship or alien status,
and their authorization to work in the United States.
<< Return to USMO Career Opportunities