USM Career Opportunities
House Operations & Events Coordinator
Purpose of Position
Oversees the daily activities of the Hidden Waters property. Ensures cleanliness, order, and attractiveness of the building interior; coordinates with the Maintenance Mechanic on the maintenance needs both inside the house and on the grounds; and coordinates with the Director of Special events on the planning and execution of events at the property. This is a trusted position where the incumbent is expected to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
House Operations & Maintenance:
- Performs daily inspection of the building’s interior to ensure that it is in pristine condition and ready for entertaining.
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs at the property either through in-house or contractual resources, as necessary. Supervises the activities of contractors when performing repairs.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Mechanic on activities necessary for the upkeep of the house and grounds, as well as for event preparation/breakdown.
- Reports deficiencies and safety concerns to Director of Special Events for immediate resolution.
- Orders household supplies.
- Cleans, washes household linens, polishes silverware, dusts and vacuums specified area and furnishings; sanitizes and disinfects restroom areas.
- Assists in the event setup for all house events.
- Directs vendors to designated areas and assists with lighting and music.
- Greets guests, checks coats, and performs related housekeeping duties during the event.
- Meets with campus representatives and potential clients interested in using Hidden Waters for a USM event. Provides information about the usages, abilities, and limitations of the space, describes layout options and AV tech abilities. Informs Director of Special Events of event requests and coordinates with the Director to meet the needs of each event.
Required Education Level/Certifications:
High school diploma or GED. Employee will be required to present current certification or pass training for the CPR & AED certifications.
3 years’ experience in housekeeping, catering, or event service.
- Thorough knowledge of good housekeeping practices and equipment.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to plan and execute consistent cleaning schedules.
- Must possess a professional, courteous, and friendly demeanor with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to take initiative and meet high standards.
- Ability to prioritize and work under stress.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise sound judgement and discretion.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $60,000 to $70,000
Benefits: Exempt Benefits Summary: includes full medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition remission at any of the 12 USM institutions, and a generous leave plan.
Application Instructions: Please combine your cover letter, resume, and list of references (at least three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and send to the following email address: email@example.com.
The University System of Maryland is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, physical or
mental disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform the job, in accordance
with applicable law. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, applicants should be prepared
to present acceptable documentation showing their identities, their U.S. citizenship or alien status,
and their authorization to work in the United States.
<< Return to USMO Career Opportunities